Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles


 
So whenever I get the urge to bake, but I don't feel like going out and buying things, I usually make these cookies. I usually have all the ingredients! And for the holidays I always buy Pumpkin Pie Spice but I never end up using it all! So instead of putting cinnamon in my snickerdoodles, I use Pumpkin Pie Spice! It makes the house smell like Thanksgiving and it makes for delicious cookies!

Adapted from Kelsey's Apple a Day
 
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour 
2 tsp. baking powder
 
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
 
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
 
1 1/2 cup sugar (plus extra to roll the cookies in)

2 large eggs
 
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (plus extra
to roll the cookies in)
A splash of milk
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. 


Most snickerdoodles are just sugar cookies with cinnamon sugar on top. In my mind, why not incorporate the cinnamon (or in our case pumpkin pie spice) into the mix!
 
Next, put butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about three minutes. 



Add the eggs,


and mix until it is a beautiful canary yellow.


Reduce speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.


At this point, if the mixture seems too thick, you can add the splash of milk. It makes for softer cookies. 
 
In a small bowl, stir together about a third of a cup of sugar and two tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice.

Shape dough into balls (you should have about 20). Roll in pumpkin pie spice/sugar and flatten. Place on cookie sheet.

Bake cookies until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. 


Let cool and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment